To perform a manual installation (not recommended), download the zip.
1. Download and Install Secret Server
By downloading and installing the .zip file, you will be able to use one free user license for Secret Server. The installation is a simple, 5-step process after which you can begin to manage your passwords right away.
2. Save your Admin information
Converting a trial into production environment will require the login information from the first admin created for the system.
3. Configure Active Directory
Secret Server allows authenticated users to log in using their Active Directory credentials. Secret Server synchronizes Active Directory users from domain groups on a configurable interval. Secret Server will not store the domain user’s passwords, but will pass the credentials through to the domain to authenticate.
For a detailed guide see Configuring Active Directory with Secret Server
4. Install your licenses
These licenses give you access within Secret Server to features and number of users.
5. Create your first Secret
From Dashboard (HOME), in the upper-right corner select the Secret template from which to create the Secret. This template contains all the relevant fields for a Secret. Upon selecting a template, you will be sent to the New Secret page where you can fill in the information for your first Secret.
6. Get the most of Secret Server
- Create a Secret
- Share a Secret
- Customize folder/user permissions
- View Secrets
- Review auditing for Secret views
- Check Out (and check in) a Secret
- Set up Secret expiration
- DoubleLock a Secret
- Configure Remote Password Changing
- Access a Secret from a smart phone
- Set up an alert for a custom event