Sneak Preview: Secret Server Launcher for Mac
September 11th, 2012
The Thycotic Dev Team is hard at work with new functionality for Mac! While I don’t have all the details, I do have a few items I can share. Currently, we’re looking at an “end-of-Q4 2012” release date. This date may slip, but it’s accurate for now.
Details I can share:
- The Launcher will support Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- The underlying technology uses is a NPAPI plugin. A quick install of a plugin is all it takes to enable the launcher for Mac.
- Will support SSH and a built-in SSH client will be used.
- Will support Microsoft Remote Desktop provided the Mac Remote Desktop application is installed. See Figure 1 for the screenshot of Remote Desktop. Figure 2 shows the Launcher Helper application in Firefox.
Features due out after the initial release (available in later updates):
- Custom Launchers will be available in a subsequent update. Remote Desktop and SSH will be the only launchers supported initially.
- Session Recording functionality will be available in a subsequent updates.
The Dev Team is interested in hearing your comments, please post your questions and thoughts below!
Latest posts by Josh (see all)
- Streamline Compliance with your Internal Security Policy by using Secret Server - March 4, 2014
- Is Your Hash Being Passed? - February 25, 2014
- Password Reset Server User Interface REFRESH - February 18, 2014