Sneak Preview: Secret Server Launcher for Mac
The Thycotic Dev Team is hard at work with new functionality for Mac! While I don’t have all the details, I do have a few items I can share. Currently, we’re looking at an “end-of-Q4 2012” release date. This date may slip, but it’s accurate for now.
Details I can share:
- The Launcher will support Safari, Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- The underlying technology uses is a NPAPI plugin. A quick install of a plugin is all it takes to enable the launcher for Mac.
- Will support SSH and a built-in SSH client will be used.
- Will support Microsoft Remote Desktop provided the Mac Remote Desktop application is installed. See Figure 1 for the screenshot of Remote Desktop. Figure 2 shows the Launcher Helper application in Firefox.
Features due out after the initial release (available in later updates):
- Custom Launchers will be available in a subsequent update. Remote Desktop and SSH will be the only launchers supported initially.
- Session Recording functionality will be available in a subsequent updates.
The Dev Team is interested in hearing your comments, please post your questions and thoughts below!
Latest posts by Josh (see all)
- Streamline Compliance with your Internal Security Policy by using Secret Server - March 4, 2014
- Is Your Hash Being Passed? - February 25, 2014
- Password Reset Server User Interface REFRESH - February 18, 2014
5 thoughts on “Sneak Preview: Secret Server Launcher for Mac”
Cannot wait for this! About time we get some Mac love! 🙂
being able to launch an ssh shell via iterm from a mac client would definitely be a plus.
Did anything ever come of this? We are in need of Mac support w/ Secret Server.
Thanks Scott for the comment! I have reached out to our support team with your question and they will be in touch with you soon! Happy Friday, Jordan.
Hi Scott, we have provided an update regarding Mac support in a forum post http://www.average-wrench.thycotic.flywheelsites.com/forums/messages.aspx?TopicID=622. Please take a look there if you have not already seen it. –Duangjai