Saved Searches in Secret Server Dashboard
A little known feature in the new dashboard is the ability to “save searches”. I didn’t know about this until one of the engineers showed me … it isn’t exactly a saved search but it is close.
- Drag the <All Folders> folder to the top to create a new tab. This will create a new tab with a Secret Explorer widget.
- Type your search term in the search bar and choose any other desired search parameters – in my case, I typed “cisco” and changed to only show “Cisco Router” templates.
- Click on the tab to rename it to match your search – in my case, I named my tab “Cisco”.
That’s it. You now have a tab called Cisco that holds a saved search to find all your Cisco devices. You can come back to this tab at any time to see the results of that search.
Latest posts by Josh (see all)
- Streamline Compliance with your Internal Security Policy by using Secret Server - March 4, 2014
- Is Your Hash Being Passed? - February 25, 2014
- Sneak Peek: New Secret Server features only at RSA Conference 2014 - February 20, 2014