Minor Update on 11/16
On November 16th we will be releasing a minor update for Secret Server. This update includes:
- Ignoring the selected folder if the folder panel is collapsed when performing a search from the home screen.
- Changing the import tool to allow duplicates if explicitly allowed. There will now be a checkbox called “Ignore Duplicates” that allows you to import secrets even if a secret with the same name already exists.
- Some Active Directory Synchronization fixes. Recently a bug was discovered that may solve a large portion of the remaining active directory synchronization issues. As some may know, there have been some issues with Active Directory that we have been identifying and fixing. The particular issue we will we resolving is where some of the usernames contain certain characters, such as a comma or a backslash. Unfortunately, our development platform, the .NET Framework 1.1, has somewhat limited LDAP support. So the data that the Active Directory server returns to us is “raw”. In this case, we need to parse and handle this data properly. The second issue we are resolving is in the case that the Active Directory query returns more than 1500 results it only returns the top 1500 results.
This update does not include the migration to the .NET 2.0 Framework. This minor update will still be using the current version of the framework.
Latest posts by Josh (see all)
- Streamline Compliance with your Internal Security Policy by using Secret Server - March 4, 2014
- Is Your Hash Being Passed? - February 25, 2014
- Password Reset Server User Interface REFRESH - February 18, 2014